Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Get out your Train set it's Almost Christmas


It's one month till Christmas, if you are one of those who set up a train set under your Christmas tree every year, you better dust off the old train set and start planning your setup.

Remember metal Christmas tree tinsel and bubbling lights ? How about the distinctive aroma from the motor of the electric train circling the tree ? Or the sound of the train whistle ? Christmas is a time when all of our senses seem heightned and childhood memories are happy. (Toy Train Memories).

The photo above is my Christmas Train Layout.

If you have a photo of your Christmas train layout send it to me and I will post it.
and add it to my Electric Train Xmas site.

2 comments:

Nancy Wilkinson said...

My grandfather used to put up a train set under the tree - had the 8 x 4 platform all wired with lights for the buildings and at least one switch where you could change to another track. I thought it was amazing, but my mom says the one he had when she was a kid was even more incredible, with mountains, tunnels, trestles and several trains.
A few years ago I added a train set to my own Christmas village. The setup grows a little each year and takes me back to my childhood every time I start the engine going around the track.

Next Stop...Decatur said...

I would love to see your set.
send a copy of it and I will post it.