Saturday, June 20, 2009

Railroad Tracks Looking East Towards the Depot 22 years Apart

I told flickr member xpkranger last week that I liked his photo so much that I was going to try to recreate it, so today I decided to try, his photo bottom was taken in 1987 my picture top was taken today 22 years apart. Maybe I will take another in the fall when all the leaves fall so you can see the strip of stores on E. College Ave like in his photo.


Above is my version of his photo taken today 20 JUN 2009
``````````````````````````````````````````````````

This is Flickr member xpkranger's 1987 photo

Thanks to xpkranger for letting me post his photo.

Note: For people new to Decatur, the Depot was moved back about 35 feet away from the tracks
when city of Decatur bought it. Today it has been restored and it's the Depeaux restaurant.

No comments: