Sunday, March 14, 2010

Macy's ends Gift-wrapping Service


I always considered MACY'S as a high-end retail department store, but I must be wrong.

If they are trying to save money that's not the way to do it, but that's me, I guess the gift boxes will be next to go.

I sure do miss RICH'S.

below is a AJC story about the gift-wrapping service ending.

~~~~~~


The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

By Tammy Joyner

It’s a wrap.

At least that’s Macy’s take on its decades-old gift-wrapping service, which is now headed the way of the coat check. The Cincinnati-based retail giant will end gift-wrapping services at all but five of its 810 U.S. stores, including all 19 in metro Atlanta, by the end of April.

Macy’s at Lenox Mall wrapped its last gift last week. The retail giant has been quietly discontinuing the service for about three years because of dwindling demand, said spokesman Jim Sluzewski.

ajc story

No comments: