Thursday, August 16, 2012

1955 Downtown Decatur Jacobs Drug Store & Fulton National Bank

--
In this 1955 photo of the Pythagoras Masonic Temple shows a Jacobs Drug Store taking up the corner, and on the right of front entrance The Fulton National Bank had a branch.
--
The Pythagoras Masonic Temple
108 E. Ponce de Leon Ave.
Decatur, Ga.
This building is on The National Historic Register.
also you can see The Watkins Building, at the time I took this photo (below) (1983) The Paper Chase made this their home.
Photo (right) is a  1955 Jacobs Drug Store Christmas ad.
--
 Also see Atlanta Time Machine
 This 1942 photo is from Special Collection Dept. Ga State collection
it shows a better view of Jacobs Drug Store. Clairemont Rd
   and East Ponce de Leon Ave.
Decatur Ga.

 - Bryan says: Nice pics! I think The Paper Chase was the store that I knew as Cantrell's Books & Things. Do you have any photos, interior or exterior, of Clark Music, 115 Sycamore Street, Decatur? They were in business from 1945-1990 and the place was very important to me during the 70s. I bought many a record and tape there! Thanks, Bryan ( shellackophile.blogspot.com ) August 22, 2012 Next Stop Decatur says: Bryan, Here is a photo of Clark Music Store --

2 comments:

Bryan said...

Nice pics! I think The Paper Chase was the store that I knew as Cantrell's Books & Things. Do you have any photos, interior or exterior, of Clark Music, 115
Sycamore Street, Decatur? They were
in business from 1945-1990 and the
place was very important to me during
the 70s. I bought many a record and
tape there! Thanks, Bryan
( shellackophile.blogspot.com )

Bryan said...

Thanks so much! I have put the pic on my most recent blog post, where I talk about Clark's, and given you credit!