Friday, July 17, 2015

Bird's-eye View of Decatur circa 1965

This is a 1965  bird's-eye view of downtown Decatur at N. McDonough St & W. Trinity Place.
 Not long after this photo was taken, this corner was all torn down for the building of the New Courthouse.

Comments: 
Frank Thomas: I remember this! My father in law's office was on west trinity place right next to the old post office, a white marble building.

Sandra Wilkins Flournoy I went to that Belks so many times. And the theater.....I remember well seeing Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte there. Scared the day lights out of me.

 Laura Peacock Babb: Frank Thomas. I remember that marble building. Sandra Wilkins Flournoy we saw the same movie there too.

Diane Riley Brendel Woodall: We used to go to the Decatur Post Office every Sunday! My grandfather was the Secretary of two Masonic Lodge's. From there we would go to the Dairy Queen at Clairmont and N. Decatur Rd.


 Tom Ball: Parker's filling station. My dad worked for belks for 30 years

Read more comments at:  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200671660551327&set=gm.10153516823947650&type=1&theater

No comments: